AICPC is officially recognised as the negotiator with the Council for Medical Schemes, Compensation Commissioner, Public Service Commission, other Government Departments, Business, as well as the Professional Board for Psychology. It is through the activities of AICPC that, psychologists received an unprecedented significant tariffs increase over the years from R161.00 in 1996 to R 417.70 (Excluding VAT) in 2007. More recently, AICPC has made representation to the HPCSA through the ministerial investigation into the HPCSA regarding the annual registration fees paid by psychologists, the frequent administrative hassles encountered by our members in dealing with the HPCSA and the consistent misinformation on the HPCSA website. AICPC has also been in discussion with several medical aids regarding recent decisions by certain medical aids not to reimburse certain categories of psychologists for services rendered.
Further benefits include the following:
• Free access to PsyTalk, the Society’s Newsletter
• Free access to the South African Journal of Psychology, the major scientific psychology journal in Africa
• Free online access to a number of Psychology journals published by SAGE
• CPD points available through the SAJP Questionnaire
• Reduced fees for workshops and AICPC activities, all of which are CPD-accredited
• Reduced fees for the Annual National Psychology Congress, the flagship for psychology as a science and profession in Africa
• Free Ethics Committee advice and resolution of issues
• The most cost-effective Professional Indemnity Insurance available in the market, designed exclusively for psychology professionals at a discounted price
• AICPC negotiated a Practice Management system with the lowest switching fee and no monthly licence fee for the first three months of signing up
• Free listing and regular referrals through the AICPC Directory of Psychology Professionals in Private Practice and through the AICPC Office
• Networking activities throughout the country and internationally
• Negotiating for better work conditions and fees for psychology professionals
• American Psychological Association (APA) member rates for APA convention registration, APA databases, and APA books and journals
AICPC enjoys a relationship with the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS) and is a member of the International Test Commission (ITC), and we also have good working relations with various other international and national Psychology bodies, such as the International Association of Applied Psychology and the International Association of Cross Cultural Psychology. Furthermore, the Society has signed Memorandum of Understanding with 30 associations. The Society regularly liaises with local, national and international structures to facilitate professional development and the exchange of ideas that underpin the discipline.
AICPC member Practice Management System
Datamax Panacea Practice Management System
In current modern day life, it has become essential to focus on effective management systems to ensure a high standard of administration for one’s clients and oneself. In this regard to assist our members, operate their private practices more efficiently and cost-effectively AICPC has established a partnership with Datamax Panacea, one of Africa’s most established Practice Management Software systems.
Members using this system can source their medical aid software and switching claims from one company. In this way, it rids members of the traditional ‘blame game’ when claims sent to the medical aid electronically gets ‘lost’. Datamax Panacea offers the most affordable switching fees currently available in South Africa at R3.95 per claim. AICPC has negotiated an additional exclusive benefit for members in that the monthly licence fee has been waived for the first 3 months of signing up with Panacea.
As a prospective user, this amounts to a saving of approximately R1400 for our members. We also appreciate the fact that Panacea provides our members with flexibility and are not locked into a contract and thus can end the arrangement at any time.
The Datamax Panacea system has been tried and tested by one of our Executive Members (Mr Rafiq Lockhat) whom has been using it for the past 20 years. Clients have mentioned excellent and seamless service. One among many other benefits is that the system automatically updates all the various medical aid rates annually, thus members no longer have to concern themselves about new rates and adjustments.